My stable needs an AWD for my personal winter coolness. As a poor blogging pharmacist, the M3 may just have to be the car to fund it. Please comment on the blog, or suggest a value, a trade, send me money or just call me an asshole.
|Tiny spoiler is off a E46, but it's applied with tape,|
You can peel it off if it offends your sensibilities.
If it was for sale the add would look like this......................
For Sale: Made FAMOUS BY THIS BLOG. MY 1997 M3 4 door 5 speed sedan 116,000 miles and climbing. All those nagging little projects have been done. Apparently, I forgot it snows in Colorado.
|This is the car in current state. Just outside of Estes Park, my favorite Saturday drive.|
Saturday drives and cars and coffee is all I do. I don't have the nerves for track days
Please note there are no pizza delivery guys or teenagers in it's ownership history. No offense intended, I'm a big fan of both for different reasons.
- Owner 1. ER manager at Seattle hospital
- Owner 2. ER physical at same hospital
- Owner 3. Pharmacist at Boulder hospital. (Me)
|You can see here all the Dinan shocks, springs, sway and muffler.|
Dinan is a great compromise between streetable and sporty feel.
After all, they sold their stuff through most dealerships.
It is not a Carfax virgin, which can put off some folks. I bought it because the condition was exceptional, not because the Carfax was exceptional. The was struck by a grocery cart, wielded by an angry vagrant in 2007. Opportunity to paint the entire car and address years of scuffs and scratches presented itself. So it's been resprayed pretty darn well.
|This photo shows the Motorsport belts, but there are other things to admire.|
Note the condition of the arm rest, the door panel & the seats side bolsters.
Please note: I'm showing you the worst seat, the driver seat.
- Dinan intake, the original carbon not the new crappy ones.
- Dinan Strut Tower brace. just front one. Sedan's w/out a pass through, like this one) are the most rigid M3's you can get.
- Dinan Sway bars, front and rear.
- Dinan Suspension front and rear.
- Dinan Exhaust, not too loud but sounds better than stock.
- Dinan short shifter
- Dinan pedal kit
- BMW Motorsports seat belts.
- Aluminum Radiator & upgraded waterpump.
- Kenwood radio well matched to interior coloring. Pandora, IOS, handsfree etc.
- Installed w/adapter so not a single wire has been cut. OEM radio included
- M3 Roadster x-brace. (you know what that is? then this might be the car for you)
- Three spoke steering wheel conversion.
- BMW factory alarm system w/remotes
- Recent window tint
|Stickers are blasphemous I know. But they come off and I like em.|
These are not pristine wheels, but they are pretty darn presentable
Also of note
- Original window sticker.
- New plugs
- New oil
- New filters: oil, air, interior air
- New O2 Sensors (Meister Motorworks, Seattle)
- New seals (I don't like leaky cars)
- New wipers
- New clutch (Glen Shelly, CO)
- New tail OEM lights (cheap replacements trigger a service engine alert)
- New BMW badges, floor mats & many small interior, exterior and engine trim pieces etc
- New A/C (Dynamic European Service, CO
- I've had the dent people run through and correct tiny imperfections.
- Ignition switch issues don't exist. Been there, done that.
- Door actuator issues don't exist. Been there, done that.
- Blower motor doesn't rattle. Been there, done that
- If you plan to drive daily, I bet you'll need new tires in 12 months.
- If you park outdoors (god I hope not) I bet you will need a new Idle control motor too. When super cold, the idle control feels sluggish. ($150 for the good ones, $50 for the cheap ones)
Seriously, I have removed all trim and scrubbed this car to the bone.
|Car and it's roommate.|
|No, I don't want to sell. But i'm not Jay Leno, and if I want a new car, something's go to go.|
If I can't afford to fund something interesting I can experiment with snow tires and mud flaps
|Back seats, that's why people buy these. Kids actually fit.|
I've tested it, and yes you will find cookie crumbs if you look
So, now you've seen it.
A Dinan badge worthy package
Sedan, not couple
Black leather, not grey or white.
What should I be asking?